as a guide to mankind, also clear (Signs) for guidance and
judgement (between right and wrong) ...."
Surah Al Baqarah 2:185
Ramadhan 1430H. The word "syukur" only for HIM, for giving me and "us" another chance to breathe in the air of RAMADHAN. This is the month of patience and the reward of this patience is Jannah. InshaAllah. Ramadhan comes again, giving us a special invitation to join the school of patience after being nurtured in "pre-schooling " class during Rajab and Sya'aban. The month of ALLAH and the month of Prophet Muhammad respectively. What does Ramadhan mean to us?Is that a matter of ritual thing that we do every year ?
Abu Hurairah (radhiallâhu ânhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah Sall Allahu alayhi wa sallam said: "Ramadaan has come to you - a blessed month. Allah has made obligatory upon you its fasting. In it, the gates of Heaven are open, the gates of the Hellfire are closed and the evil devils are chained. To Allah belongs a night in it, which is better than a thousand months. Whosoever is prevented from its good, then he has been deprived." (reported by Ahmad and An-Nasaa'ee. )
Prophet Muhammad saw informed his companions of its coming and it was not just a simple relaying of news. Rather, his intention was to give them the glad tidings of a magnificent time of the year, so that the righteous people who are quick to do deeds can give it its due estimate. Prophet saw has explained explained the hadeeth about what Allah Ta'ala has prepared for His servants from the ways towards gaining forgiveness and His contentment and they are many ways. So whosoever has "forgiveness" escape from him during the month of Ramadaan, then he has been deprived with the utmost deprivation. How Merciful ALLAH is!!!!
One year has gone and this year is my second year "fasting" in Penang and it would be the toughest month and perhaps years, for me and friends. We can't really enjoy the Eid celebration because of the inclination towards this special professions . Having study break for the POPPH exam together with Raya break! Can it be another aspect of patience that we can think of? I still can recall , years back when i had to attend my anatomy class during the first day of Eid . It's when we got to know our limits and strength...And for me it is not a big deal....
Hopefully this Ramadhan brings us closer to Allah, improving our Iman and makes us a better person , who able to stand any pain struck by the torns along the path of life.. There is no way that you can find a short cut towards achieving your dreams. But still if you are smart enough, you will find your ways actually shorten . But it happens unconsciously . ....
Ramadhan 1430H. Checklist for us :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
1. Ask Allah to enable you to reach Ramadan and to get the most out of it.
2. Intend to fast every day with Iman and pure intention seeking the reward from Allah alone. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "Whoever fasts in Ramadan with Iman and seeking reward (from Allah) his past sins will be forgiven". (Bukhari)
3. Read the whole Qur'an at least once as the Prophet peace be upon him did.
4. Have Sahoor as the Prophet peace be upon him said, "Have Sahoor because it is blessed".
5. Make Du'a during the fast because the Prophet peace be upon him said that three people's supplication is not rejected one of them is the fasting person. Ask for the good of this life and the next for yourself, your family and Muslims in general.
6. Make Dua before opening the fast. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "The fasting person has a supplication that is answered when he opens his fast".
7. Give Sadaqah and be good to people. The Prophet peace be upon him was the most generous of people and he was most generous in Ramadan.
8. Avoid anything that diminishes the fast such as, lying, backbiting, cheating, getting angry. The Prophet peace be upon him said "Whoever does not give up false statements (i.e. telling lies), and evil deeds, and speaking bad words to others, Allah is not in need of his (fasting) leaving his food and drink." [Bukhari]
9. Do not eat too much after Iftar.
10. Ask for forgiveness since this is the month Allah frees people from the fire.
11. Pray At-Tarawih with Khusyu'. If you pray in the Masjid complete the Salah with the Imam. If you pray at home prolong the Salah as long as you can. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "Whoever prays during Ramadan with Iman and seeking reward (from Allah) his past sins will be forgiven".
12. Feed the poor and invite others for Iftar. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "Whoever gives Iftar to someone fasting he will have the same reward without decreasing the reward of the person fasting".
13. Try harder the last ten nights especially the odd nights. The prophet would strive in Ramadan more than he would in any other month and more so in the last ten days.
14. Say this Dua in the nights that Laitul-Qadr is likely to fall on: Allhumma innaka afuwun tuhibbul-afwa fa'fu anni (O Allah you are Forgiving and love forgiveness so forgive me).
15. Ask Allah to accept all your good actions during this month.
Make doa for all musleems....
Ramadhan Mubarak and Kareem to all..